With several career tracks and more than 350 specialized units, LASD offers unlimited possibilities to pursue the path that’s right for you.
- Whether you’re interested in custody, patrol, or both, all candidates enter the academy at the Deputy Sheriff Trainee rank, with the exception of Deputy Sheriff – Lateral, whom are appointed peace officers at the time of hire.
- If you are interested in Medical Services positions, please call (866) 806-8773.
- Each position has its own examination number. Click the link to learn more about the job description and application process.
- You will be redirected to an external website for the job bulletin and employment application.
- Read the bulletin carefully and follow instructions and links to additional required information.
- Complete the application and Supplemental Questions (SQ) thoroughly.
- Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at any time during the process. If you have additional questions regarding our law enforcement job applications, please contact the Sworn Examinations Unit at email@example.com or (323) 981-5800.
- If you have additional questions regarding our professional staff job applications, please refer to their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) contact the Professional Staff Examinations Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 526-5611.