The Sheriff’s Department’s Personnel Administration seeks experienced Payroll Clerk I incumbents to fill several Time Accounting Unit vacancies. The positions are assigned to one of four Time Accounting Teams and are responsible for processing a segment of the Department’s payroll, using the County’s Enterprise Human Resources (eHR) system’s TIMEI payroll module. The positions reports to a Supervising Payroll Clerk II.
The Time Accounting Unit is located at the newly renovated Hall of Justice, which is located at 211 W. Temple Street, Los Angeles, California.
The position offers an “A” schedule (Monday through Friday, day shift, weekends/holidays off).
MUST BE A CURRENT LOS ANGELES COUNTY EMPLOYEE. Must currently hold the Payroll Clerk I item or be reachable on the current Payroll Clerk I Certification List.
- Service oriented, with an excellent work ethic and attitude
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the enterprise Human Resource’s TIMEI module
- Payroll experience is highly desired, but not required
- Enters and monitors payroll data necessary to produce total pay using, eHR/TIMEI.
- Performs payroll work necessary in resolving payroll problems in order to meet payroll deadlines.
- Applies provisions of the Los Angeles County Code, the Department’s Time Accounting Manual, the Interpretive Manual, and applicable Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), in processing the payroll.
- Explains payroll policies and procedures to employees.
- Reviews eHR exception reports and makes corrections, as required
ONLY CURRENT LOS ANGELES COUNTY EMPLOYEES MAY APPLY. Candidates are required to submit their resume, along with last two years’ Performance Evaluations and time records.
Contact : Janeth Tenorio (213) 229-1940
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org